Saturday, June 4, 2011

Project Four - Photos and Alphabet Soup

 Me
 A Friend
 A Stranger
 C
 F
 I
 L
V

1.     Which part of the project assignment do you feel you learned more from, "Picturing the Other" or "Alphabet Soup"? Why? 


I feel that I learned more from the “Alphabet Soup” apart of the assignment.  It caused me to look for something that normally isn’t there.  Trying to find letters in surrounding things is fun and a challenge. Also, making the letter you photographed apparent using Photoshop tools was a big learning experience. I got to experiment with a lot of different tool and layer adjustments that I didn’t use before.  I really learned how the tool affect the photograph.


2.     How did you approach your 'other'? Did you ask permission or not? Was the final photo you submitted a candid or a set-up?

My photograph of the “other” that I took was with out the permission of the person.  I was working at a yard sale for my Relay for Life and the man just walked up and started looking around.  I was first attracted to the man because he had a fanny pack.  I have been trying to bring the fanny back for the last couple of years.  The photo was candid while he shopped and did not have any contact with him.  He was very quiet and seemed very to himself.  He wasn’t very noticeable and I am sure that not many other people notice.


3.     Did you crop or adjust the final 'other' image in any way? If so, describe exactly which tools you used and what effect you intended by using them.


My final “other” image I did crop so the stranger would be on the right side of the photo.  I find that I enjoy images that are off set.  I also used the select tools to select the stranger to create a layer via copy.  I then changed the first layer to black and white by adjusting the effects on layer.  With the stranger layer I changed the color balance to make it image stick out more.  I really wanted to the stranger to be the factor that stuck out in this image but at the time it was taken he noticeable.  I wanted to change that by making him the focus by keeping him in color.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment