Saturday, June 4, 2011

Project Three- Scratch


Questions

  • How were they different than working with continuous tones?
I am sure what this question is asking.
  • How did you choose which colors to work with? 
With the first picture I attempted to paint a picture that reflected the Super Mario Bros. game.  I used shapes, text, and the painting tools to make the pictures.  I decided on the colors based on the game and tried to keep it consistent.
The second picture is kind of like a little kids creation.  This picture is a very good example of the use of the paint brush with different brush heads, shapes, and the smudge tool.  I decided the colors on my own however I decided to pick similar shades.   
Lastly the third picture plays with the text tool.  I picked a font that seemed very old school college text, like letterman style.  I decided to use the letter “FU”.  When I made this picture I wanted to “FU” to some people so I decided to make something that kind of got that energy out.  I used bright spring colors to fill in the text. I got the color ideas from recent spring shirt designs that I saw in the Book Store. I decided to make the background color a deep blue to reflect an old university feel, like an old sorority jacket.
  • Did some color combinations tend to work better than other?
The only picture that I think really think works together with the colors is the “F U” picture.  I really like how it turned out.  With the other picture I don’t think some of the colors fit because they are different shades or saturation levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment